WARNING: Some organizations that were once recognized fraternities or sororities on campus continue to operate underground despite having lost recognition from the University.
These organizations have had their recognition revoked by the institution for various reasons, including such things as hazing, alcohol and drug abuse, risk management violations and failure to comply with University policies and expectations. These organizations have in almost all cases also had their charter suspended by their international organization because they were not upholding fraternal values and were engaging in risky behaviors that endangered the members and other students. The following groups have lost recognition in the past five years:
- Theta Chi Fraternity (No date set as to when they can return to campus)
- Alpha Chi Rho (No date set as to when they can return to campus)
- Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity (Suspended through Fall 2015)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity (Suspended Indefinitely by Central Michigan University)
- Delta Chi Fraternity (Suspended Indefinitely by Central Michigan University)
- Phi Kappa Tau (Suspended through Fall 2020 by Central Michigan University)
- Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity (Suspended for 3 years by Central Michigan University)
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. (Suspended through Fall 2028 by Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. due to hazing)
- Phi Sigma Phi Fraternity (Suspended Indefinitely by Central Michigan University)
Please contact the Office of Student Activities & Involvement (989-774-3016) if you have any questions about whether or not the group you want to join is recognized or if you would like more information.
Updated October 2018