Interfraternity Council (IFC): Closed (Expansion will be evaluated in Spring/Summer 2019)
National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC): Open
Collegiate Panhellenic Council (CPC): Open
Multicultural Greek Council (MGC): Open
Expansion and Extension Policy
No CMU student should be demeaned, ridiculed, belittled or placed in a potentially harmful situation in order to be included in a fraternity or sorority at Central Michigan University.
Central Michigan University prohibits the participation of a student, groups of students, fraternity or sorority or RSO directly or indirectly in the hazing of students or any other persons. Hazing is defined as: Any actions taken or situation created whether on or off campus, to produce mental or physical discomfort, embarrassment, harassment or ridicule.
Such activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Use of alcohol with regard to forced consumption, threat or peer pressure
- Paddling in any form
- Creation of excessive fatigue or forced exercise
- Physical and psychological shocks
- Scavenger hunts and road trips
- Wearing of apparel which is conspicuous and not normally in good taste
- Morally degrading or humiliating games and activities
- Assigning pranks
- Custodial requirements that do not involve those other than new members
- Calling members demeaning names
- Any other such activities that are not consistent with the policies of Central Michigan University, or the laws of the State of Michigan.
Things to know:
- It is never ok to humiliate or intimidate new members
- Hazing can cause academic, developmental, psychological and life-threatening consequences
- Hazing violates the laws of the State of Michigan and Central Michigan University
How do I report hazing?
- Call the police - If you have reason to believe that a person’s physical safety is in danger, call 9-1-1.
- Conduct website – file a written complaint
- Speak with a Conduct or Fraternity and Sorority Life staff member.
- Anti-Hazing Hotline - 888-NOT-HAZE (888-668-4293)
- Call 989-774-1345 OR 989-774-3016