IMPACT is a two day event that allows students of color to become familiar with campus, attend cultural and social workshops and meet other incoming multicultural freshman and transfer students.
IMPACT students are divided into groups of ten to twelve students, headed by two IMPACT mentors. IMPACT mentors are upperclassmen who want to help IMPACT students transition into college.
The workshops IMPACT students attend include presentations from CMU alumni, CMU faculty and staff. These workshops offer students insight on academic advising, campus life, student activities, how to succeed in college and much more.
This program is designed specifically for multicultural students and is highly encouraged for Multicultural Advancement and Lloyd M. Cofer scholars.
What you’ll get from IMPACT:
- Access to campus resources before you start classes.
- Connections with other incoming multicultural students
- Guidance from faculty members who will prepare you for academic course work
- Guidance from university administrators who will prepare you for life at Central both inside and outside the classroom
- Upper class CMU students who will serve as campus mentor to you during your first year on campus