Academic Affairs Committee
The SGA Academic Affairs Committee seeks out academic issues, brought forth by students and relays them to Academic Senate
- Be responsible for addressing all academic-oriented issues on campus that can either directly or indirectly affect students.
- Have at least one committee member serving as a voting member of the Academic Senate.
The SGA Diversity Committee works to foster awareness within CMU, Mt. Pleasant, and SGA.
- Plan at least one (1) program per semester to foster learning and conversation pertaining to diversity education and issues amongst the campus community.
- Meet with the Vice-President for Institutional Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer once a semester within the first month of said semester to establish goals and promote CMU's inclusive programming and policy.
- Monitor university enforcement of public acts related to diversity and the Strategic Plan for Achieving Diversity.
Governmental Affairs Committee
The Governmental Affairs Committee acts as a political liaison between SGA, CMU, and all levels of government to promote awareness of student related issues.
The committee is tasked with remaining non-partisan and objective, focusing on student issues.
- Organize a program for students focused on legislative issues
- Organize trips, as needed, to the state and national capital in order to communicate the legislative concerns of CMU students.
- Establish and remain in contact with Michigan University Student Governments or other representative bodies.
Registered Student Organization Growth and Development Committee
The SGA RSO G&D Committee works Work with the Office of Student Activities and Involvement and the Leadership Institute.
- Advocate policies beneficial to growth and development of organizations.
- Coordinate RSO workshops to be available to all RSOs.
- Encourage cooperation between RSOs through programs, workshops, and networking.
Special Events Committee
The SGA Special Events Committee encourages students, faculty, staff, and administrators to show school spirit by putting on programs and other initiatives.
- Have a chair chosen in consultation with the Office of Student Activities and Involvement.
- Act as SGA's liaison to the Office of Student Activities and Involvement programming.
The SGA Sustainability Committee leads educational initiatives to encourage sustainable choices on campus.
- Have a chair who serves on the Campus Sustainability Advisory Committee during their term if possible
- Meet with Facilities Management once per semester within their first month of said semester to establish goals and promote CMU's sustainable ventures
- Work actively with sustainability-focused organizations on campus
- Plan at least (1) event each semester to promote sustainability