Come up with an idea! Search on OrgSync to discover what interests you have that don’t already have an organization. Already have an idea? Then you’re ready to go!
Find others with a common interest. To start a student organization you must have three current CMU student members. These are the people that will make up your first executive board.
Begin drafting a constitution. You can find a sample constitution that will be the guide to your organization. Also consider reaching out to similar organization at other universities. They may be willing to share ideas from their constitutions.
Link to Sample Constitution
The yellow sections are required, but the rest of it's up to you. The more detailed, the better off your org will be.
Find an advisor. Any Central Michigan University faculty or staff member can serve as an advisor for your organization. Think about people who might have a shared interest in the idea. Having a great advisor is key to long term success.
How to Register
- Log into OrgSync from cmich.edu/SAI
- Select the “Browse Organizations" under "Central Michigan University"
- Select the “Register New Organization” in the upper left corner
- Fill out the requested information
- The president should check their email for an email from OrgSync to the Risk Management Form
- Have the Advisor check their email for an email from OrgSync to complete the advisor approval form
If you have questions or would like assistance in anyway, please contact the Office of Student Activities and Involvement at (989) 774-3016 or firstname.lastname@example.org