Come up with an idea! Search on Engage Central to discover what interests you have that don't already have an Organization. Already have an idea? Then you're ready to go!
Find others with a common interest. To start a Student Organization you must have three CMU student members!
Begin drafting a constitution. You can find a sample constitution at https://www.cmich.edu/ess/sai/StudentOrganizations/Pages/Reregistration.aspx. This will be the guide to your Organization!
Find an advisor! Any Central Michigan University Faculty or Staff member can serve as an advisor. In some situations, people not directly affiliated with CMU may act as an advisor. Prior approval is required in such situations.
- Log into Engage Central (there's a link on the right)
- Select "Organizations" along the top of the page
- Select the "Register New Organization" in the bottom left corner
- Fill out the requested information
- Complete steps 2-6 of student organization re-registration (Including: Hazing Training, Get Organized Training, President's Risk Management Form, Advisor and Officer Acceptance Agreements)
Schedule a Student Organization Specialist Appointment today! You can do that here: