Sexual contact with someone on drugs or alcohol is rape. While you are protecting your drink against tampering, be aware that your drink itself may also be cause for concern. ALCOHOL IS STILL THE RAPIST'S #1 DRUG OF CHOICE.
GHB/ Liquid X
If you believe someone has been dosed with GHB, get them to a hospital immediately! This drug can lead to death.
- Dissociative Anesthetic: Victim is unconscious, represses respiratory system.
- Out of body experience.
- Sexually oriented behavior:
- Victim embarrassed - "all over the guy."
- Aggression and violence in some individuals (the mean drunk types).
- No gag reflex.
- Vomiting (projectile) - classic symptom - may not feel any sensation of being ill.
- Seizures- victim may think they are just "nodding off."
- Periods of amnesia - cameos.
- Many deaths resulting.
- Detectable in the blood for 4 hours, urine for 12. Will also be in vomit from the time.
- Rapidly absorbed - peak 20-60 minutes.
- Low respiration and heart rate.
- No antidote, through system in 4 hours.
- Frothing blood - pulmonary edema.
- With a high dose of GHB you will start to get a nose bleed.
- This Drug Kills People:
- When a person is on GHB they have no Gag Reflex, so the victim can choke and drown on there own vomit. Or they may forget to breathe.
- There is no antidote for GHB, all you can do is put the victim on life support.
- Recreational dose - 1/2oz.= soda pop cap. 1-2oz. is a controlling dose.
- Manufactured by individuals - can get the ingredients in any local store
- Hardest drug to test but easiest to get
- Biggest problem with GHB - your body produces it naturally, however your body doesn't crave it
- Colorless, odor is non-descript, but has a slightly salty taste
- Most popular drink to mix it in: Long Island Ice Tea, Gold Schlager, Margaritas, or any drink the person finds that you are unfamiliar with.
- Comes in liquid form (occasionally found in powder form)
- It takes approximately 5-7 minutes to take full effect
- When GHB is added to alcohol, it doubles the effects of both drugs
- Often referred to as the "Hollywood Drug", liquid ecstasy, or easy lay
- Sold legally as: Revivarant, Renewtrient, Revitalize Plus, Serenity, Enliven, Thunder Nectar, Invigorate, Weight Belt Cleaner.
- Takes about 15-20 minutes to take full effect.
- Effects last 8-12 hours.
- Central nervous system depressant.
- Under the influence of roofies you will be in a walking alcoholic blackout.
- Brain's "video tape" shuts off.
- "Cameo" effect.
- Roofies only last in you blood for 4 hours, but can be tested in your urine up to 96 hours.
- There is a moment of recognition " I feel funny", but then lose all inhibition.
- Usually no vomiting but will feel woozy.
- Victim will feel very groggy up to 3 days after the 1st use of roofies.
- Odorless, Tasteless, and Colorless (new form tinged blue, although may be masked in darker drinks).
- Used in other countries to treat sleep disorders and in surgeries where they want you to be awake - doesn't block pain but you won't remember it anyway.
- A Manufactured Drug - Hoffman & LaRoche Company Europe.
- Considered a schedule 1 narcotic in the United States.
- Roofies cost approximately $5 a pill.
- You must specifically test for roofies, it will not show up in a standard toxicology test (urine can be tested up to 96 hours).
- Roofies builds up a tolerance and addiction very quickly.
- Also used by Heroin addicts because it has similar effects and is much cheaper.
- Heighten senses.
- High energy - everyone is your friend.
- Muscle rigidity/ spasms.
- Increases body core temperature.
- Grind teeth.
- Stimulant and mind expander.
- Aka: Ecstasy, X, Hug Drug.
- May mix with LSD or Ketamine.
KETAMINE/ Special K:
- Ketamine is legal in the United States for use as a veterinary anesthetic.
- In humans it produces a dissociative effect similar to PCP.
- Can be in liquid form, but most commonly dried, ground and inhaled.
- A victim who ingests Ketamine will have hallucinations and feel separated from their body.
- Amnesia and dream-like memories make it difficult for a victim to remember.
- Special K has been associated with rape across the country and world, much in the same way roofies has been.
- As with all drugs and alcohol, a person on Special K is never capable of sexual consent, no matter how clear-headed they appear.