Apply to be a SAPA
Thank you for your interest in the SAPA program at CMU. SAPA conducts a rigorous and thorough review of each applicant. To apply to be a SAPA, please review the eligibility requirements and application process below.
Meet the SAPA’s
Curious to know more before you decide to apply? We have a few options for you! Each year SAPA hosts a number of free “Meet the SAPAs” events. These events are centered around providing information on becoming an advocate, what it’s like be an advocate, and the interview process. See Calendar of Events to find information on the next “Meet the SAPAs” event.
Can’t make it to an event? Want to speak with somebody more directly? Contact our Graduate Assistant to set up a time to meet with an advocate one-on-one.
- Must be a CMU student or transferring to CMU by Fall of the following academic year.
- A one-year commitment is required, but a two-year commitment is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to attend, Interviews, two weekend fall training, and one weekend spring training.
- Must clear criminal background check.
- See the cover letter of the application for dates, interview process information, and further details.
Applications are now available for becoming a SAPA member during the academic year 2018-2019. The application is available in a Microsoft word version2018 SAPA APPLICATION.docx or pdf 2018 SAPA APPLICATION.pdf. After you have completed the application please see the below options for how to submit. If selected, interviews this year will be held on March 24, 25, & 26, 2017. Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of SAPA.
- Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place the application in a sealed envelope and provide it to any current SAPA member
- Place the application in a sealed envelope and turn it into the Office of Student Affairs located in Ronan 290