Apply to be a SAPA
Thank you for your interest in the SAPA program at CMU. SAPA conducts a rigorous and thorough review of each applicant. To apply to be a SAPA, please review the eligibility requirements and application process below.
Meet the SAPA’s
Curious to know more before you decide to apply? We have a few options for you! Each year SAPA hosts a number of free “Meet the SAPAs” events. These events are centered around providing information on becoming an advocate, what it’s like be an advocate, and the interview process. See Calendar of Events to find information on the next “Meet the SAPAs” event.
Can’t make it to an event? Want to speak with somebody more directly? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to meet with an advocate one-on-one.
- Must be a CMU student or transferring to CMU by Fall of the following academic year.
- A one-year commitment is required, but a two-year commitment is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to attend interviews, two weekend fall training, and a one weekend spring training (dates located on the application).
- Must clear criminal background check.
- See the cover letter of the application for dates, interview process information, and further details.
Applications are now available for becoming a SAPA member during the academic year 2019-2020 and are due no later than February 22, 2019 by 5:00pm.
The application is available in a Microsoft word version 2019 SAPA APPLICATION.docx or pdf 2019 SAPA APPLICATION.pdf . After you have completed the application please see the below options for how to submit. If selected, a 15 minute application review will occur during March 18-21, 2019 and a 90 minute interview process will occur on March 23, 2019. Please read the first page of our application for complete details.
Ways to submit applications:
- Email the application to email@example.com
- Place the application in a sealed envelope and provide it to any current SAPA member
- Place the application in a sealed envelope and turn it into the Office of Student Affairs located in Ronan 290
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of SAPA.