Apply to be a SAPA
Thank you for your interest in the SAPA program at CMU. SAPA conducts a rigorous and thorough review of each applicant. To apply to be a SAPA, please review the eligibility requirements and application process below.
Meet the SAPA’s
Curious to know more before you decide to apply? We have a few options for you! Each year SAPA hosts a number of free “Meet the SAPAs” events. These events are centered around providing information on becoming an advocate, what it’s like be an advocate, and the interview process. See Calendar of Events to find information on the next “Meet the SAPAs” event.
Can’t make it to an event? Want to speak with somebody more directly? Contact our Graduate Assistant to set up a time to meet with an advocate one-on-one.
- Must be a CMU student or transferring to CMU by Fall of the following academic year.
- A one-year commitment is required, but a two-year commitment is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to attend, Interviews, two weekend fall training, and one weekend spring training.
- Must clear criminal background check.
- See the cover letter of the application for dates, interview process information, and further details.
Applications are currently not available for becoming a SAPA member during the academic year 2018-2019. As soon as SAPA applications are available there will be a link here for direct access and then one of the below options can be followed for submission. Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of SAPA.
- Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place the application in a sealed envelope and provide it to any current SAPA member
- Place the application in a sealed envelope and turn it into the Office of Student Affairs located in Ronan 290