Apply to be a SAPA
Thank you for your interest in the SAPA program at CMU. SAPA conducts a rigorous and thorough review of each applicant. To apply to be a SAPA, please review the eligibility requirements and application process below.
Meet the SAPA’s & Other Events
Curious to know more before you decide to apply? We have a few options for you! Each year SAPA hosts a number of free “Meet the SAPAs” panels and other events. Panels are centered around providing information on becoming an advocate, what it’s like be an advocate, and the interview process. See Calendar of Events to find information on the next “Meet the SAPAs” panel or other events.
Can’t make it to an event? Want to speak with somebody more directly? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to meet with an advocate one-on-one.
- Must be a CMU student or transferring to CMU by Fall of the following academic year.
- A one-year commitment is required, but a two-year commitment is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to attend interviews, two weekend fall training, and a one weekend spring training (dates located on the application).
- Must clear criminal background check.
- See the cover letter of the application for dates, interview process information, and further details.
Applications are now available for becoming a SAPA member during the academic year 2021-2022. Applications are now due no later than April 30, 2021.
The application is available in a fillable pdf verison April 2021 SAPA APPLICATION .pdf. After you have completed the application please see the below options for how to submit. If selected, a virtual 15 minute application review will occur during the week of May 10-14, 2021 and a virtual 90 minute interview process will occur on May 15, 2021. Please read the first page of our application for complete details.
Ways to submit applications:
- Email the application to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring your application in a sealed envelope to Foust Hall 150, the Director of Sexual Aggression Services' office. (If the door is closed you may slide the application underneath it)
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of SAPA.