Hearing Impairments make it difficult or impossible to
hear lecturers, access multimedia materials, and participate in
discussions. Examples of possible accommodations for students who are
deaf or hard of hearing may include but not limited to:
- Sign language interpreter (request at least six weeks prior to need).
- FM amplification system.
- Captioned films.
- Use of visual aids.
- Written assignments, lab instructions, demonstration summaries.
- Visual warning system for lab emergencies.
- Use of electronic mail for class and private discussions.
- Dictation/transcribing software.