Tips for Successful Students
1. Open your CMU email account and check it frequently.
2. Always use your CMU email to contact your advisor(s) and instructor(s). This is the official form of communication. All notices from professors, Academic Advising and Assistance, Student Account Services and the Registrar’s Office are sent via your CMU email.
3. Know the important dates- refer to the Academic Calendar.
4. Be prepared for a significant academic adjustment in coming to CMU, even if you succeed in high school.
5. Contact Tutoring Services if you need help.
6. The Writing Center can help you with writing and editing papers for any class. See the FYI page for more information.
7. Utilize the Math Assistance Centers if you’re struggling with math or just need clarification on a homework problem.
8. Make use of your instructor’s office hours!
9. Have fun! Get involved in campus activities, student groups, volunteering and Study Abroad.
10. Get to know your instructors, advisor and other students on campus.