Club Sports are registered student organizations that are recognized by Central Michigan University. In this packet you will find information about the initiation process of developing new clubs. NOTE: STEP 1 is optional.
1) Hold an exploration meeting with University Recreation’s Club Sports Team. The purpose of this meeting is to answer any questions/concern that you might have about the process, as well as assist in preparing your club for prolonged success.
2) Hold an interest meeting and/or register the club as a Registered Student Organization (RSO) at CMU. During or after this meeting, future members might have input and/or assist in developing the club’s foundation.
• Write and submit a Constitution and Bylaws.
• Complete the Online Registration Form with the Office of Student Life at www.stulife.cmich.edu.
• You must have at least three students (enrolled with six or more credit hours). Start posting flyers, making announcements in classes, and put a notice in the campus newspaper in order to gather interest for your organization.
• Determine who will serve on E-board positions …. President, Vice-President, and Treasurer. Once determined, each officer will need to take an on-line training that covers the policies and procedures of the RSO Manual. Please review manual PRIOR to taking training.
• Determine who will serve as Club Advisor (Must be a CMU faculty or full-time staff member, or graduated student).
• Develop an operating budget. What are going to be the club expenses? How much will dues be?
3) After becoming an RSO, you may formally apply by doing the following:
• Attending all club sports meetings.
• Completing and submitting all necessary Club Sports registration materials.
• Submit a space request form for practice locations around campus.
• Obtain a checking account and Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
• Request funding