Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 3.19.53 PM.pngCMU Student Food Pantry
*Registration Open Now!*

The Student Food Pantry at Central Michigan University will work to alleviate the challenges and hardships of food insecurity that many CMU students encounter during their academic career. The food pantry will ultimately provide much needed support for students so they can remain enrolled and ultimately achieve a degree. The pantry is still in the development stages, but is expected to open during the fall semester of 2018 with the goal of two distributions per month on Tuesday nights.

Volunteer Interest

Food Pantry Statistics.png

Statistics found from the EAB Study titled "Addressing College Students Basic Needs: Food and Housing Insecurity on Campus". 


When will the pantry open?

The registration for the pantry is now open! The first distribution will be November 27th from 6-8 pm, and the second will be December 11th from 6-8 pm.

Where is the pantry located?
The food pantry is located by the North Campus Testing Center on the lower level underneath Robinson Residential Restaurant.

What are the requirements to get food?

The pantry will be open to any currently enrolled CMU student. We will verify enrollment, but do not have any financial eligibility requirements. We will have students sign a statement acknowledging a need for food assistance.

Where is the food coming from?

The food is purchased from Greater Lansing Food Bank (GLFB). 

How do I volunteer?

Visit the link above to express your interest! We will reach out when we have specific volunteer opportunities available. Typically help will be on food pantry days involved with food drop off, stacking shelves, organizing bags, swiping people in, and delivering bags to the recipients. 


When can I get food?

Every other Tuesday at our specific food pantry times or by appointment if you can't make those times.

Are there any other places to receive food?

Yes! Check out this pdf for other food resources in the surrounding area: 

Food Resources.pdf

Are there any other types of resources for students in need?



Financial Wellness

Isabella County Restoration House

General Resource Assistance - dial 211

Other questions?

Please email