Browse Volunteer Opportunities
Follow this link to get connected to our OrgSync portal.
When you log in for the first time, you will need to enter information about yourself and acknowledge that you have read our volunteer waiver. Signing this waiver is required in order to participate in any of our office programs.
On the Mary Ellen Brandell Volunteer Center page, click the "join now" button, if it is available. To find volunteer opportunities, click the "events" tab in the middle of the page. This will be a comprehensive list of all volunteer opportunities available, both on-campus and with community partners. The list on this page will be of all "one-time" service events and are listed on the day they will be happening. In order to look at continuous volunteer opportunities, click on the first box labeled "view (number) ongoing events." This will show you a list of volunteer experiences that you can join at anytime.
You can also sign-up for our weekly newsletter which will include sign-up links to all upcoming opportunities. Sign-up here.
Logging Your Hours
In preparation for getting a job or preparing for graduate school applications, you can log your volunteer experiences on OrgSync. This will build up your co-curricular transcript which is a document you can download and use to reflect back on all of your experiences. This document can also be used as a way to verify volunteer hours. If you swipe into an event, or are part of a program ran by the Volunteer Center, your hours are automatically logged. If you are volunteering with a program outside our office, or with a non-profit in the community, you will need to log your hours yourself.
1. Go to OrgSync
2. Click the circle with your name on it, in the top right corner
3. In the menu just opened, scroll down and click "involvement"
4. Click "add involvement entry" in the green box on the right
5. Click "service participation".
6. For service partner, select "Mary Ellen Brandell Volunteer Center" regardless of where the service was done.
7. Not all fields need to be completed. For "reference", only put someone you know will respond. You can also put the Volunteer Center and "firstname.lastname@example.org" and that will allow our office to verify your hours without waiting on a third party. Please either include a "proof of participation" or a very short reflection on what you did (you do not need to do both). No need for learning outcomes.
8. Click "submit"