Why Clean Green?
- The USA comprises about 5% of the world's population and annually produces 27% of the world's garbage.
- The USA uses 6 billion pounds of chemical products yearly.
- The USA uses 4.5 billion pounds of paper products yearly.
- The USA uses 35 billion pounds of plastic liners yearly.
- The USA disposes 500 million pounds of cleaning equipment yearly.
- The USA disposes 100 million tons of construction waste yearly.
- Nearly 90% of our time is spent indoors.
- EPA rates the indoor environment as potentially 3-5 times more harmful to humans as the outdoor environment.
- EPA rates indoor air quality as one of the top 5 health risks.
- There are 100 million lost work days each year due to poor indoor quality.
These numbers emphasize the immediate need to be concerned about the cleaning process and its effect on the health of the user, occupant, visitor and the indoor and outdoor environment.
Benefits of Green Cleaning
- Increase indoor air quality and productivity.
- Reduce costs and longer building life.
- Insure compliance with new governmental regulations, gain better public image, and receive fewer complaints.
- Prevents unnecessary chemical waste which can be harmful to the environment.
- A step towards creating a "Green Friendly" campus.