The Central Energy Facility, or CEF, is responsible for the supply, operation, maintenance, economical use, and long-term capability of campus utilities, energy conservation, and waste minimization programs.
- Supply steam for heat and hot water
- Supply chilled water for air conditioning
- Monitor the energy management system
- Coordinate the production and supply of cooling and heating by the Central Energy Facility (CEF)
- Evaluate energy demands and optimize utility systems
- Install and maintain fire extinguishers
- Inspect emergency lighting
Twice every year, CMU conducts a campus wide utility shutdown in order to complete critical maintenance to ensure the university can run smoothly. These are always the weekend after Spring graduation and the first weekend of August. The dates of the shutdowns for the next two years are:
- May 16 & 17, 2020
- August 1 & 2, 2020
- May 15 & 16, 2021
Thank you for your patience and understanding!