Below are guidelines & reference materials to assist you in making journal entries.
- Send original with backup attached. Valid documentation includes:
- A copy of the actual invoice with SAP cost Center and G/L noted.
- SAP Print Screen circling item to be moved.
- Letter or email with specific funding instructions.
- Other documentation supporting movement of funds.
- Use black ink only. The JE's are scanned and other colors do not scan well.
- Invoice#, or other reference #s in the description line.
Note: Transactions must have previously been processed in SAP and appear in the cost center and/or G/L being impacted by the journal entry request.
- Explanations: must be no more than 50 characters. If you want to repeat the explanation, you can use the + sign in the following explanation line.
- Posting key: must be either (40) for debits or (50) for credits, do not use DR and CR.
Submit Journal Entries to: Accounting Services, Warriner 304.
Journal Entry Form: Use the G/L Posting Document (SA) form for journal entries.
For Field Descriptions: See G/L Posting Document Procedure.
For Journal Entry Examples: See Sample of the G/L Posting Document and Transfer examples.