Creating New, Modifying, or Re-using, a Cost Center Number

​​​​​​​​If you need to create a new Cost Center, modify an existing Cost Center, or if you want to re-use an inactive Cost Center number, you will need to submit the linked form (below) to Accounting Services.  Complete the "Department" tab only on the form.  You will need to provide the CMU Personnel ID numbers for both the Person Responsible and the Administrative Contact. There is also a "Building Abbreviations" tab on the form to assist you in looking up the accepted CMU codes used for campus buildings.  Call Accounting Services at 774-3707 with questions. 

​Please​​ download and start using this new Cost Center Create Form​ in place of any older versions of the form you may have.