Surplus in Grant Cost Center

​​Effective February 16, 2001, any surplus in a third party grant cost center less than $20.00 which does not have to be returned to the granting agency will be transferred to 42052, Research Support. If the surplus is $20.00 or more, Grant Accounting will contact the project director to determine where the funds are to be transferred.

Any surplus in a CMU sponsored project (PRIF, REF or FIT) at the end of the project will be returned to the ORSP account that it was transferred from.​