DHL International Express
- Call DHL Express at (800) 225-5345 to have the "next day" letter/package picked up or if you have any questions.
- Airbills, envelopes and packaging supplies can also be requested by calling (800) 225-5345. Instructions for completing the airbill can be found on the back of each airbill.
- Note: All charges must be billed against your CMU Business Credit Card.
- Set up an account for FedEx to obtain discounted rates on Next Day and Second Day services by contacting the Central Mailroom at 3298.
- You must register your account with your CMU Business Credit Card by calling FedEx government accounts at (800) 645-9424.
- Prepare the letter/package to be sent.
- Enter your FedEx account number on Line 1
- Call Federal Express at (800) 238-5355 to have the letter/package picked up or to request airbills, envelopes and packaging supplies or for questions.
- Only Next Day and Second Day services can be utilized with FedEx.
- Note: All charges must be billed againist you CMU Business Credit Card.
FedEx Drop Box Locations
The circle drive at Warriner
West Side of Rose Arena (near intercollegiate athletics office)
United Parcel Service (UPS):The Central Mailroom provides this service OR departments can utilize UPS Campus Ship and process air letters themselves. Central Mailroom
- Complete an online UPS form and check the appropriate box for selected service.
- Attach the form to the letter/package and have it sent to the Central Mailroom by 1:00 PM for it to be sent out that day.
- Set up an account for UPS to obatain discounted rates on Next Day and Second Day services by contacting the Central Mailroom at 3298.
- Airbills, envelopes and packaging supplies must be obtained by contacting UPS at (800) 742-5877
- Packages ready for pickup can be sent to the Central Mailroom for UPS pickup, or call UPS at (800) 742-5877
- Only Next Day and Second Day services can be utilized with UPS Campus Ship, all ground services must be sent through the Central Mailroom.
- Note: All charges must be billed againist your CMU Business Credit Card.
United States Postal Service (USPS):
- Complete the Express Mail form (available from the Central Mailroom) and send it with the letter/package to the Central Mailroom.
- Indicate "Priority" on the meter slip and send it to the Central Mailroom with the letter/package. This is typically a two day delivery but is not guaranteed.
How are Departments Charged?
Departments will be charged via the monthly mail feed which appears as a journal entry in GL account 6402 and references "F-60" for any letters/packages processed by the Central Mailroom. These charges may be viewed on-line monthly.
Departments with questions regarding the services provided by the Central Mailroom, please contact Linda Richter at (989) 774-3298.