Independent Contractor

Independent contractor services require a signed contract/agreement to be in place prior to the services commencing. Prior to hiring an individual (sole proprietor/dba) to perform a service, departments must complete and submit the Independent Contractor Questionnaire.   If the individual is determined to be an independent contractor and not an employee, departments shall complete one of the IC form contracts and have it signed by the IC.  If the services will be performed by a Corporation, partnership or LLC, departments shall work with Contracting and Purchasing Services to develop a contract or issue a purchase order.   Note: in all cases, the contract must be signed by a CMU employee with appropriate contracting authority. 


1200 S. Franklin St • Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859
Phone: 989-774-4000

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. | CentralLink
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Feedback | Full Site