Vendors providing services on the premises of CMU must provide Certificates of Insurance evidencing the following coverages prior to admittance to the premises. The vendor is to procure and maintain the required insurance at their own expense.
- Commercial General Liability insurance including premises and operations, product liability, completed operations liability, contractual liability and broad form property damage liability with minimum limits of $1,000,000 each occurrence for bodily injury and property damage.
- Automobile liability for all trucks, trailers, or other motor vehicles owned, hired, operated or used by the Vendor on CMU premises with minimum limits of $1,000,000 each occurrence for bodily injury and property damage.
- Workers' Compensation for all of its full-time and part-time employees in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan and Employers' Liability with $1,000,000 limits.
- The Certificate of Insurance must name Central Michigan University as an additional insured in regards to General Liability and Automobile Liability.
- The Vendor may be required to provide higher limits and/or additional lines of insurance in accordance to the service provided.
The certificate must reflect the following detail to be acceptable:
- The certificate(s) must name Central Michigan University as the Certificate Holder.
- With the exception of Workers' Compensation, the certificate(s) must name Central Michigan University as an additional insured.
- The policy period is current for the dates indicated for the scheduled activity.
- When applicable, the dates of the activity must be listed in the description portion of the insurance certificate.
The certificate should be mailed to:
Director of Risk Management, Environmental Health & Safety
Central Michigan University
Smith Hall 103
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
The Vendor agrees to forward immediately to the CMU Director of Risk Management, Environmental Health & Safety: renewal certificates of insurance should any of the insurance coverage evidenced expire during the term of the contract.