College of Medicine Student Checklist


Self-Service and Required Actions

  • Select your refund preference with BankMobile.
    • In the Student Quick View section of the CenralLink homepage, click on the link under "Refund Method" and follow the prompts to select/change your refund preference. 
    • Note: CMU does not issue paper refund checks. 
  • Review and sign terms and conditions. 
  • Update your address and phone number(s) online. 
    • Log in to the CentralLink portal
    • Click on "My Account" 
    • Click on "Address Change"
  • Grant others access to your account. 
    • In order for the Student Account Services & University Billing office to release information to any third party (including parents), a student must first grant permission. Through CentralLink, you may now establish an "Authorization to Release Information" passcode. This passcode will allow our office to speak with other individuals, such as parents, about your student account. Once you have established a passcode, you may give it to any individual with whom you would like to share financial information about your account. When that person calls our office, he/she may simply provide us with your student ID number and passcode. With that information, we may discuss in detail financial information about your account. 
    • Log in to the CentralLink portal. 
    • Click on "My Account"
    • Click on "Setting/Changing Authorization to Release Information Passcode" and follow the prompts to create an alphanumeric passcode and set an expiration date. 
    • Alternatively, you may set up an Authorized Payer by clicking on the "Authorize Payers" link in QuikPAY.

Billing and Payment

  • Central Michigan University sends billing statements by e-mail for all students, faculty, and staff in order to provide quick, convenient service and eliminate mailing delays. Students, faculty, and staff will be responsible for accessing these monthly e-mail messages for their account balance information and payment due dates. 
  • Payment may be made online via the QuikPAY system using an electronic check or a MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit card. Payment may also be made by cash or check at the Student Service Court in the Bovee University Center, room 119. Credit card payments may only be made online. 
  • To access the QuikPAY billing system, log in to the CentralLink portal and click on the dollar amount of your account balance in the "Student Quick View" section. 
  • Students may receive counseling from a Student Service Advisor at the Student Service Court located in the Bovee University Center, room 119. Student Service Advisors are available for walk-in advising services on Mondays from 9:00-5:00 and Tuesdays-Fridays from 8:00-5:00. You may reach the Student Account Services and University Billing Office at (989) 774-3618. 
  • Students will incur late fees if the monthly balance is not paid by 5:00pm EST on the scheduled payment due date. Past due accounts may be referred to a collection agency and, if referred, the fees assessed to the university by the collection agency will be added to the student's account. Once an account is referred to a collection agency, it will be reported to the credit bureaus. CMU reserves the right to place a prepayment hold on any student account where the student exhibits a poor payment history. This prepayment hold would require advance payment in full prior to registering for classes.
  • If you have a credit balance on your student account, it will be refunded according to the refund schedule, which may be accessed on the Student Account Services & University Billing website.

Other Information

  • If you are taking advantage of a tuition savings program or tuition assistance from an employer, you should contact your program or employer and ask what steps you must take to access the funds. 
  • Obtain a parking permit from Parking Services. For details regarding parking permits, please log in to CentralLink and search for parking services. 
  • Sign up for a payment plan, if desired. To enroll, log in to the CentralLink portal and click on "My Account". Click the "Payment Plan Enrollment" link under the Finances heading.
  • Apartment rent for the entire semester may be placed on your student account so that it will be deducted from financial aid funds before any refunds are issued. This program is subject to approval. For more information, contact the housing office at (989) 774-3284.
  • Dependents or spouses of a CMU employee may receive a dependent tuition benefit from CMU. The benefit may be applied for online through the CentralLink portal.