Workforce Investment Act - Adults and Dislocated Worker Program

Central Michigan University is proud to participate in the Workforce Investment Act - Adult and Dislocated Worker Programs. The programs are designed to provide quality employment and training services to assist eligible individuals in finding employment and qualifying for meaningful employment.

Click here for a list of programs offered at other campus locations or online.

If you have questions about admission to programs of interest at Central Michigan University, please contact the appropriate Admissions office: 

  • Undergrad Admissions (989) 774-3076 or toll-free (888) 292-5366
  • Graduate Studies (989) 774-4723
  • Off Campus Programs (989) 774-2681 

Program Benefits:

The Adult and Dislocated Worker Programs offer tuition assistance to individuals who are deemed eligible and suitable for training programs. Tuition assistance may include instructional costs, books, materials, fees (such as application costs, registration and laboratory fees) and academic support services (counseling and career advising).

Target Population:

  • Unemployed adults, 18 years and older
  • In addition to unemployed adults, employed adults may also be eligible based on family income levels.
  • Dislocated workers

To determine program eligibility, visit an area Michigan Works! office for a skills assessment. You will then work with a Michigan Works! staff member to identify an appropriate program. You must pursue a degree or occupational certificate in a high-demand occupation, emerging industry or entrepreneurship program to receive tuition assistance.

Getting Started:

Step 1: Schedule an appointment to attend an orientation at your local Michigan Works! Service Center.

Click here to locate a Service Center near you.

Step 2: Review the occupations in your geographic region that qualify as in-demand or high-demand occupations. Identify those that interest you.

Step 3: Select an approved training program from the Michigan Consumer Education Career Report.