Our commitment is to support you in your continued success at Central Michigan University. The following temporary provisions have been enacted in light of the unprecedented challenges posed to our university community due to COVID-19 during the Spring 2020 semester.
You will have a number of options to consider as you complete your course and semester requirements. Please consult your academic advisor, instructors and college administrative departments to make the most appropriate decisions for your circumstances and program.
New! Summer 2020 Tuition Award
Follow this link for more information about the Summer Extra Credit tuition award for continuing domestic undergraduate students pursuing 9+ credit hours for summer 2020.
Summer Extra Credit
Current Student Provisions
- Course Withdrawal Deadline extended to May 20th*
- Credit/No Credit Deadline extended to May 20th*
- Academic probation, suspension and dismissal processes paused for the Spring 2020 semester
- Extension of Time to Degree Completion
*Course end date must have been on/after March 12, 2020 to qualify for extension of deadline.
- Refund (credit) for Spring 2020 room, board and flex for on campus residents not on full scholarship. For more information, see the latest communications available at the CMU Coronavirus Information Center website
- Fall 2020 residence hall $800 first installment extension from May 1st to June 1st
- Fall 2020 residence hall $800 first installment may be deferred to November 1st upon request
- Late fees will not be assessed to student accounts for past due balances as of the April 1st and May 1st due dates
- Newly past due accounts will not be placed on hold for past due balances as of the April 1st due date
- Registration is open to students with current account balances of <$2,000. After May 1st, students must contact Student Account Services at (989) 774-3618 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss plans to pay before registration will be permitted.
- Spring 2020 payment plans terminated proactively for students whose anticipated housing credit would exceed their current account balance
- Deferred installments from April to May for all other Spring 2020 payment plan enrollees with credits expected from Residence Life, to allow time for payments to be decreased accordingly
- Any student enrolled in the CMU Payment Plan for Spring 2020 may qualify for a one-month deferral of installment payment arrangements, upon request
- First semester due date extension for students enrolled in Fall 2020 classes, for charges remaining after financial aid has been disbursed, from October 1, 2020 to November 1, 2020.
- No change to undergraduate tuition rates between 2019-2020 and 2020-2021.
- Due date for fall 2020, for charges not covered by financial aid, extended to November 1, 2020.
New Student Provisions
- $175 enrollment reservation (orientation) fee may be deferred until November 1st
- Fall 2020 residence hall $800 first installment extension from May 1st, 2020 to June 1st
Fall 2020 residence hall $800 first installment may be deferred to November 1st upon request
Due date for fall 2020, for charges not covered by financial aid, extended to November 1, 2020.
For the latest updates about university operations and information about support resources available, please visit CMU's Coronavirus Information Center.
For state-wide information and resources, please visit the Michigan.gov website.