Our commitment is to support you in your continued success at Central Michigan University. The following temporary provisions have been enacted in light of the unprecedented challenges posed to our university community due to COVID-19.
You will have a number of options to consider as you complete your course and semester requirements. Please consult your academic advisor, instructors and college administrative departments to make the most appropriate decisions for your circumstances and program.
Current Student Provisions
- Course Withdrawal Deadline extended to May 20th*
- Credit/No Credit Deadline extended to May 20th*
- Academic probation, suspension and dismissal processes paused for the Spring 2020 semester
- Extension of Time to Degree Completion
*Course end date must have been on/after March 12, 2020 to qualify for extension of deadline.
- Refund (credit) for Spring 2020 room, board and flex for on campus residents not on full scholarship
- Late fees not be assessed to student accounts for past due balances, April and May 2020
- Newly past due accounts were not placed on hold with the April 1st due date
- Registration opened to students with current account balances of <$2,000, even if past due
- Spring 2020 payment plans terminated proactively for students whose anticipated housing credit would exceed their current account balance
- Deferred installments from April to May for all other Spring 2020 payment plan enrollees with credits expected from Residence Life, to allow time for payments to be decreased accordingly
- On request, any student enrolled in the CMU Payment Plan for Spring 2020 qualified for a one-month deferral of installment payment arrangements
- Summer 2020 Extra Credit Program tuition award: $1,500 to continuing undergraduate students taking 9+ credits of summer coursework
- First semester due date extension for students enrolled in Fall 2020 classes, for charges remaining after financial aid has been disbursed, from October 1, 2020 to November 1, 2020
- No change to undergraduate or graduate tuition rates between 2019-2020 and 2020-2021
- Due date for fall 2020, for charges not covered by financial aid, extended to November 1, 2020
- Course withdrawal deadline extended to December 19th.
- Credit/No Credit deadline extended to December 19th.
New Student Provisions
- Summer 2020 Extra Credit Program tuition award: $825 to new and transfer students taking 3+ credits of summer coursework and $1,425 for students taking 6+ credits
- On request, $175 enrollment reservation (orientation) deferred until November 1st
- Fall 2020 residence hall $800 first installment due date extended from May 1st, 2020 to June 1st
On request, Fall 2020 residence hall $800 first installment deferred to November 1st
Due date for fall 2020, for charges not covered by financial aid, extended to November 1, 2020
For the latest updates about university operations and information about support resources available, please visit CMU's Coronavirus Information Center.
For state-wide information and resources, please visit the Michigan.gov website.