Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What if I don't know my CMU global email address or password?
A. Log on to the OIT website and follow the prompts to set up your account and password.
Q. I prefer not to use the CMU student e-mail system. Can I forward it to a different account?
A. Yes, you can forward your CMU e-mail to a different e-mail account if you choose. If you need instructions on how to forward the account, simply follow the procedure outlined below:
1) A student must obtain their account and password at the OIT website. You will be prompted to enter your Campus ID number, date of birth and to select a security question
2) If you have previously obtained your account and password you go to the student email webportal.
3) Enter you global user-id and password
4) Click the word "Options" on the left-hand side of the screen
5) Click the word "Forwarding" on the center of the screen
6) Enter the preferred e-mail account in the box on the center of the screen
7) Click the "Start" button
8) The confirmation message: "Forwarding has been started for your account" should appear on the screen
(To discontinue forwarding the e-mail statement, you follow the steps above, but select the "Stop" button in step 7)
Q. How do I make a payment?
A. Your electronic statement will contain a link to CentralLink. From CentralLink, navigate to QuikPAY, where you can view your account balance and history, as well as make an online credit card payment or electronic check payment. For more specific information, please visit Billing and Payments Online.
Q. What if the person paying the bill does not have access to the Internet?
A. Payment can be made in person at the Student Service Court, Bovee University Center, Room 119, or payments can be mailed to:
Central Michigan University
University Billing Office
Bovee University Center Room #119
Mount Pleasant, Michigan 48859.
Q. How do faculty, staff and students access their accounts through the CentralLink Portal?
A. Login to the CentralLink portal, using your global ID and password. Click on the "Pay my BIll" link in the Faculty/Staff Quick View section of the CentralLink homepage . You will be taken to the QuikPAY website to make payment or view your account activity.
Q. Can faculty and staff forward their CMU e-mail account to a personal email account?
A. Yes. You will need to contact the Help Desk at (989)-774-3662 to submit a work order. You cannot use the procedures outlined for the students.
Q. My account is past due. Where can I locate information about past due accounts?
A. Please visit the Billing and Payments Online webpage to review Payment Options and the Delinquent Account Policy.