2019-20 Benefits Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment Period: Monday, April 22 - Friday, May 3, 2019
Effective Date of All Changes: July 1, 2019
The annual Open Enrollment period has ended. The following information is archival information for your reference.
Annual Open Enrollment provides an opportunity to review and change your benefits for the following plan year (July 1 - June 30). Review your benefit plan elections online in CMU Choices, including enrolled dependents and designated benficiaries.
If you did not take action, you were automatically enrolled in the following benefit elections for the 2019-20 plan year.
If you currently waive medical/prescription and
dental, no action is required as the “no coverage” election will roll over.
- Medical / Prescription (depends on employee group):
- Staff/Fixed Term Faculty/Medical Faculty/Post-Doctoral Research Fellows: 2018-19 medical plan election with the same dependent coverage, if currently enrolled
- Regular Faculty: No change to MESSA coverage. MESSA open enrollment takes place in the fall
- Dental: Core 100-50-50 plan (without orthodontia coverage) with the same dependent coverage, if currently enrolled
- Vision: No coverage
- Flexible Spending Account: No employee contributions
- Health Savings Account: No employee contributions
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment: No change from 2018-19
- Short-Term Disability: No change from 2018-19
Open Enrollment Flyers
|Click on Image||Click on Image|
Who Needs to Enroll
required in order to be enrolled in the following benefits plans for the 2019-20 plan year (July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020).
- Buy Up (100/75/50/50) Dental Plan
- Vision Coverage
- Health and/or Dependent Care FSA
- Health Savings Account
Online Enrollment Process
All enrollments and/or changes for 2019-20 must be completed through CMU Choices online enrollment system by 5:00 p.m. ET on Friday, May 3, 2019.
Click on the "CMU Choices - Online Enrollment System" button at the top of this webpage
If not already signed in, log in to CentralLink using your Global ID and password
For security purposes, enter the last four digits of your Social Security number and click on the "Validate PIN" button
Read the disclosure and click on the "agree and continue" button
Review and select your benefit coverage for next year
Hint: CMU Choices is a live system so your elections are being records as you make your choices
Once you are done, click on the "Next Year Summary" at the top left corner and review it to ensure you have successfully made your elections for 2019-20
Hint: You should save and/or print your Next Year Summary for your records
Find Help Fast!
Talk to ALEX: Get Help Making Your Decisions
ALEX is an educational tool to help you review your benefits and choose the best options for you and your family. When you talk to ALEX he'll ask you a few questions, crunch some numbers and point out what may make the most sense for you.
Benefits & Wellness Office
For additional questions regarding the open enrollment process, the Benefits & Wellness office is here to assist.