CHIP Fitness Program Notice
As part of the campus-wide budget reductions, the CHIP Coordinator/Fitness & Conditioning position will be eliminated on June 30, 2017. As a result, the CHIP fitness program will be phased out.
The decision to eliminate the position and program was strictly a business decision based on membership revenue and an increase in local competition. The cost to administer the fitness program exceeds the revenue generated through membership sales. Also there has been an increase in fitness facilities in the Mount Pleasant area (e.g. Morey Courts - Fitness Center, Endurance-Mountain Town Fitness, Planet Fitness, MP Fit Club, Crossfit Worthy) which has created membership recruitment and retention challenges.
What does this mean for CHIP memberships?
- Memberships purchased or renewed prior to May 1, 2017 will be honored through the expiration date.
- If you are unsure when your CHIP fitness membership expires or you would like to cancel your membership, please contact CHIP at 989-774-3198 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- New memberships and renewals on or after May 1, 2017 will not be accepted.
- All personal training packages purchased prior to May 1, 2017 will be honored through June 30, 2017. No new packages will be available on or after May 1, 2017.
- CHIP members will have access to the CHIP facility and equipment – provided there is staff available to provide supervision.
- Every effort will be made to maintain the current hours of operation, 6:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday. However, hours may change based on staff availability. When possible, advance closure notification will be provided.
The CHIP facility will continue to offer injury prevention and rehabilitation services for CMU faculty, staff, retirees, spouses and student employees. Please visit the Rehabilitation Program page for more information on services and eligibility.
Manager, Employee Health & Wellness