Shopping with a Purpose: Grocery Store Tours
Overwhelmed by all of the choices when you shop for groceries?
When you are at the grocery store, do you find yourself choosing less healthy options because healthier choices are confusing and/or intimidating?
Do you find yourself sticking with the same familiar choices because you aren't sure how to select a healthier option?
Under the supervision and guidance of CMU Nutrition and
Dietetics Professor Leslie Hildebrandt, RD, Central Michigan University Dietetics Students are here to help! "Your Health, It's Central", CMU's employee wellness program has partnered with Dr. Hildebrandt to provide Dietetics Students with an opportunity to help all CMU faculty and staff make healthy choices at the grocery store. They will offer healthy shopping tips and tricks such as deciphering food labels and help you locate heart-healthy products throughout the store. If you have other topics are of interest (gluten-free, etc.), please let us know in advance so the Dietetics Students can prepare materials for your tour. They will also collect any questions during the tour, and after review by their supervising professor, send you an answer pronto.
Sign up now for a free grocery store tour. Download and submit the request form to schedule your tour.
Available tour locations:
- Kroger on E Bluegrass Rd
- Meijer on E Pickard St
- Request form must be filled out at least 3 weeks prior to requested date.
- Tours will be given in groups up to six people. The person who submits the request form must be a CMU faculty or staff member, and should ensure that at least three people will be able to attend the tour.
- Family members may join the tour as long as a faculty and staff member is present with them.
- Tours generally last one hour with time set aside for questions at the end.
- Tours are available Monday through Friday. (Specific day and time will be determined after a tour request has been submitted)
Questions? Please contact Tammy Griffin or Leslie Hildebrandt. And thank you for providing CMU Dietetics Students with valuable experience in the field!