Your Health, It's Central - Virgin Pulse Platform & Rewards Program
Welcome to the CMU wellness rewards program! The Virgin Pulse rewards program includes a complimentary activity tracking device and a plenitude of options for earning rewards.
The program is available to all benefits eligible staff, fixed-term & medical faculty, and post-doctoral research fellows.
Your health information is protected. No one in the CMU wellness program will ever ask you for your specific medical information nor will we receive any protected individual information. CMU will only receive notice that you have accumulated sufficient PulsePoints in order to determine your Gain-Sharing eligibility.
How do I register for the program?
- To register visit join.virginpulse.com/cmu and click Sign Me Up! button.
- Fill in the requested information – fill in your name as it appears on your pay statement
- Once you're registered, the system will provide you with a username; write this down and keep it in a safe place as you will need it each time you log into the system
- You can now explore the platform and online tools!
- Eligible Spouses/Other Eligible Individuals (OEI) can register and order their free device by following these same steps if they are enrolled in a CMU BCBS plan.
NOTE: Eligible CMU employees can continue to access the program upon retirement. Retirees can continue to earn points for tracking healthy behaviors, but they do not earn cash rewards. Employees interested in maintaining their access to the program as retirees, should contact the CHIP facility by calling 3198 or via email to email@example.com to have their status changed in the system.
How do I get my complimentary Max Buzz activity tracker device?
The last step in the registration process on the new platform will be to order your complimentary Max Buzz activity tracker. Follow the steps below if you are not sure your tracker was ordered.
- Log into Virgin Pulse using your user name and password member.virginpulse.com
- Hover over your profile picture (upper right on your home page) and click on "Devices & Apps" in the drop down menu
- Click on the orange Virgin Pulse Store button (upper right)
- Click on Fitness Tracking Devices picture
- Click on "Buy Now".
- If you have not already received your complimentary Max Buzz activity tracker, the price should show as $0.00. If a price shows, you have already received your complimentary device.
- Click on "Go to cart" and follow the instructions to complete your order.
- You will see a confirmation message on the screen with an order number; write this number down so you can refer to it if there are issues with receiving your Max Buzz device
- Your device should arrive within seven to 10 business days
How does the program work?
Those registered for the program will earn points for participating in a variety of healthy activities including steps recorded on your activity tracker device, tracking daily nutrition and sleep, participating in daily healthy habits and more. To find out more about how to earn points, click on "How to Earn" under the Rewards tab on your Virgin Pulse homepage.
Getting Started with Virgin Pulse Video
You aren't in this alone! Click on the "Support" tab on the right hand border of your Virgin Pulse home page for answers to common questions about how the program works and the Max activity tracker. If you don't find the answer, click on the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page, or click the "Chat" tab on the right hand border to live chat with a Member Support staff member.
Gain-sharing Incentive Program for 2018-19
Gain-sharing remains a part of the rewards program. By participating in healthy behaviors that maintain and enhance health and by being wise healthcare consumers, employees and their families can help reduce the costs to the CMU medical and prescription drug plans and reap the rewards.
- Enrolled in CMU’s Blue Cross Blue Shield health care plan the entire fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- Accumulate a total of 36,000 PulsePoints in the Virgin Pulse system during the 2018-19 fiscal year.
How it works:
- Any surplus balance remaining at the end of the plan year after expenses and reserves are fully funded will be shared between the university and an employee incentive pool. If no surplus remains, gain-sharing will not take place.
- The employee incentive pool will be distributed in October (taxable award) to the employees who meet the eligibility criteria above. Only one gain-sharing distribution per contract; employees or spouses or other eligible individuals who are covered under one contract will be eligible for only one gain-sharing payment; either the employee or spouse or other eligible individual can "earn" the gain-sharing incentive.