Workers' Compensation

If you have questions regarding Workers’ Compensation or your rights and responsibilities under the Workers’ Disability Compensation statute, please contact us at (989) 774-7177.

Injuries that occur at work should be reported as soon as possible (preferably within 24 hours) to the Workers’ Compensation office at 774-7177.  Faculty, staff and student employees requiring medical treatment for work-related injuries/illnesses should seek treatment at one of the following CMU designated medical providers:


McLaren Central Michigan COMP - Occupational Medicine/Ready Care 
1523 S. Mission (next to Rally's)
NEW HOURS  11a-5p Monday-Friday   
                           1-5p Saturday & Sunday

Emergency Facility

McLaren - Central Michigan Fast Track or Emergency Department
1221 South Drive
1.       Use this facility for critical emergencies or when McLaren Central Michigan COMP is closed.
2.       Follow-up visits must be scheduled at COMP.

If an injured employee/student employee chooses to see his/her own medical provider or seek treatment at facilities other than those listed above, the employee may be responsible for any incurred expenses.

Procedures for Reporting Work-related Injuries (printable)

Procedures for Reporting Injuries on Campus