The University has labor agreements with seven of the 10 employee groups. Click here for a list of employee group representatives. Additional information can be found under the individual groups.
- Office Professional The contract CMU has with the UAW covers approximately 331 support staff and office professional positions.
- Police Officers The contract that CMU has with POAM covers 14 patrol officers.
- Professional & Administrative There are 736 Professional and Administrative employees classified using a broad band approach into one of six pay bands.
- Public Broadcasting The contract CMU has with NABET covers approximately 29 employees in CMU's Public Broadcasting department.
- Senior Officers Senior Officers are employees assigned to salaried classifications with senior executive responsibilities for CMU, on and off-campus.
- Sergeant The contract CMU has with The Fraternal Order of Police Labor Council covers 4 employees.
- Service Maintenance The contract CMU has with AFSCME covers approximately 196 employees such as custodial, groundskeepers, skilled trades, warehouse workers and others.
- Supervisory Technical The contract CMU has with the MEA-NEA covers approximately 124 employees across a wide range of supervisory technical positions from the office supervisor to supervisors of skilled trades.