Workers' Compensation Leave

​Employees/student employees with a possible work related injury should report it to the Workers’ Compensation Office by calling 774-7177.

In the event that your work-related injury results in your CMU authorized medical care provider taking you off work for 7 consecutive days or more, please be advised that you will be taken off of CMU's payroll as of the eighth day you are off work. Your benefits will continue, however; you may be responsible for paying your employee contribution amounts depending on your benefit package, union contract and the length of time you are off work.

Any time you are off for a work-related injury is also counted as Family Medical Leave time and will be recorded as such by the person processing your payroll.

If your claim is approved, you will receive workers’ compensation lost wage payments from Eagle Claims Management. These payments will not totally replace your wages but they are not taxable. Once your physician has released you to either unrestricted work or restricted work that your supervisor is able to accommodate, you will be reinstated on CMU payroll. 

It is very important to maintain communication with the Workers’ Compensation Office during the time you are off work so that you keep us informed after each physician appointment and get any questions or concerns you may have answered promptly.

For more information, see the Workers’ Compensation website or contact the Workers’ Compensation Office at 774-7177.