CMU leaders are good communicators and encourage this from others. We present the truth openly and helpfully, in a clear, concise, consistent and timely fashion. We share directions, assignments, decisions, feedback and general information. We foster dialogue and value other's opinions. We listen attentively and solicit input from many sources, particularly those who will be impacted by decisions and those with opposing views.
Related Training Opportunities
- Unleashing Talent: This Franklin Covey workshop is specifically designed for supervisors. It coaches you in how to release the potential and passion of your team members through 1) guiding them to discover their unique talents and contributions, 2) clarifying desired results and accountability, and 3) being a genuine source of help and support for them. There is a $40 material fee.
Difficult Conversations and Conflict: We've all been there. We need to talk, but we would rather not! Whether it's about performance, discipline, emotions, or the neighbor's dog, the struggle of what to say and how to say it weighs heavy. Utilizing principles and ideas from a variety of resources, we will look at the dynamics of what is involved in this kind of conversation, and explore practical ways to make them less stressful and more productive.
- Key Attitudes and Attributes for Effective Workplace Relationships
Through engaging activities and discussion, this workshop explores the keys to effective relationships, including effective listening, laying down our pretenses, vulnerability trust and the continuous learning cycle.
- Performance Conversations: These conversations are the key to getting things done and strengthening work relationships, yet they often miss the mark on both counts! This training covers the 4 basic needs of every employee, and what you can do to best meet those needs through effective two way conversations.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: This intensive, two-day workshop provides participants with a robust and tactical implementation plan to fully integrate the 7 Habits into their lives. You will learn how to improve focus, communication, and balance for yourself and your organization; how to develop professional relationships for productive collaboration; the importance of responsibility, accountability, and commitment; skills for increasing productivity by staying focused on the right things; and how to reduce conflict by understanding exactly what you can influence. Cost is $95 and covers the Franklin Covey workbook.
- Leadership Excellence Series:
Professional Development Programs offers this series just once per year in the fall. This fast-paced program takes a more in-depth dive into the heart of the Leadership Standards Initiative, exploring leadership theory, practices, and skills in an interactive and engaging setting. Certification will be awarded upon completion of the series. If you are interested, you must register for the entire series.
Leadership Excellence is comprised of the following 8 required sessions:
- Foundations of Leadership
- Thoughtful, Open Communicators
- Team Builders and People Developers
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Change and Transitions
- Conflict, Courage and Difficult Conversations
- Proactive, Responsible and Accountable
- MBTI and Leadership Styles
To register for one of these training opportunities, or to learn more about Professional Development opportunities at CMU please visit the
Professional Development Programs