Current Vacant Positions

Contact departments directly to pursue a job.

Send resumes, applications or requests for more information directly to the department you are interested in working for. If further instruction is needed, email Student Employment Services,

Paperwork must be completed prior to beginning work.
Social Security Cards must be the actual cardAll new student employees must stop by Student Employment Services, Bovee University Center 121, to fill out tax forms and I-9 paperwork prior to beginning any work on campus. Generally, two forms of ID are needed to complete the paperwork for payroll purposes. The most commonly seen are the CentralCard and an actual Social Security Card (no copies accepted.)

At Will Employment
Student employees have the right to terminate their employment at any time with notice. Employers have the right to terminate student employees at any time for any legally permissible reason.

Attention Individuals with Disabilities
CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase diversity within its community and as a component of its commitment to diversity. CMU provides reasonable accommodations in its application and employee selection processes. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or if you are unable or limited in your ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 989.774.3881 or for assistance.

The Hire Authorization Card
To begin work you need a Hire Authorization Card, aka the "red card."