Forms for Res/Aux Supervisors

Online Forms for ResLife hires, changes and terminations are accessed through Centrallink

Paper form(s) instructions below.

Job Postings
The first step in hiring a student is posting the vacant position in your department.  Complete the online Job Posting Form for SES and click submit.  Your posting will be advertised on our website and on the bulletin board outside our office.  Students interested will contact your department directly.  In addition, SES hosts a Virtual Job Fair annually from May 15 - August 24.

Half Sheets
After an employee is hired a Half Sheet must be completed.  Half Sheets are available in Student Employment, Bovee UC206.  The student completes the top section and class schedule portion of the form.  Managers/Student Managers are required to complete the bottom section.  The top copy (the "floppy copy") of the half sheet must be sent to Student Employment Services before the student begins work.  The bottom copy (cardstock) is retained in the student's file within your department.
Refer to the Employee Task List (below) for completion of all half sheets.  On the half sheet, "job code" and "level" utilize the task list.  It is important to use the appropriate codes and levels for each position.  If a wage is unknown, view Student Wages & Pay for further information.

Half Sheet Instructions

Res/Aux Employee Task List (Excel)

Wage Adjustment & Change Request Form

Wage Adjustments (promotions or demotions) can be completed for a student by entering the previous rate/task and new rate/task.  Wage adjustments should comply with departmental scales and not exceed 8% per year.  If a student is promoted, the wage adjustment may exceed 8%. To view employee rates and raises, refer to Student Wages & Pay.

A manager can use the Change Request form if a wage was entered incorrectly and must be changed. Forms must be dropped off at the Student Employment Office, Bovee 206.

Students wishing to change a permanent home address for W-2 purposes may do so on the portal.

Wage Adjustment Form (Word)

Change Request Form (Word)

Termination Form

If a student resigns, graduates or is terminated for any reason, a Termination form must be completed.  A copy of the form should be made for the student's file in your department's office.  It is vital to indicate a resignation or a termination. 

If the student can be rehired, check the rehire box.  Campus Dining students terminated as non-rehireable cannot work in Campus Dining while enrolled, but can apply for other employment opportunities. 

Please verify the employment dates by referring to the student's half sheets.  Enter the beginning payroll date for the first day of hire, and enter the ending payroll date for terminated.  This keeps the student employment file accurate.  Remember, additional comments are always appreciated. 

For questions regarding correct employment dates, please check the Pay Schedule.

Termination Form (Word)




1200 S. Franklin St • Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859
Phone: 989-774-4000

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. | CentralLink
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Feedback | Full Site