with Pay-by-Phone technology gives you a smarter and easier way to park and pay. No longer do you have to look for change, deal with parking machines or worry about a costly parking ticket.
With Pango, you can park and Pay-by-Phone quickly and easily using your iPhone, Blackberry, Android Phone or any other cell phone and customize your Pango account to suit your needs. Before your parking time expires, you will receive a text message so you can get back to your car or extend your parking time.
CMU has 536 available Pango spaces for your convenience.
How much does it cost to Sign-Up for Pango?
Nothing. Downloading the app
, but you’ll still have to pay for your parking.
Parking is $0.25 every half an hour with a $0.15 session fee. Sessions range from 1/2 hour to 2 hours to 4 hours, depending on the meter you are parked at.
Personal Reminder Service
This is a premium service, offering an unlimited number of reminders for a low fixed monthly fee ($2.99 as of 11-2-17). When you activate the Personal Reminder Service, you can use this field to determine the number of minutes that you receive the reminder text message before your parking session ends.
How do I start using Pango?
There are three
ways to start using Pango, all of them are free of charge
How does Pango Work?
- Sign-Up on the Pango web page, or use one of the various Join buttons on the Pango web-site.
- Use the downloadable Pango SmartPhone Application.
- Call toll free 1(877)myPango and follow the automated system’s instructions or choose *0 to get to the live customer service agent.
- Park your car at any on-campus meter or a space signed as a Pango space.
- Start a parking session with payment, using one of the following options:
Stop a parking session when you are ready to leave, using one of the following options:
- Sign-In, go to “Park Car”, select your car, select CMU as your city, select the correct parking lot and hit the “start” button.
- Call 1(877)myPango and follow the instructions.
- Text back to Pango: “Start CMU zone [zone number] car [license plate#]” from your registered mobile phone to the same number from which you have received the activation confirmation text message.
How does a parking enforcement officer know I paid through Pango?
- Sign-In, go to “Park Car”, select your car and hit the “stop” button.
- Call 1(877)myPango from your mobile phone and follow instructions.
- Text back to Pango “Stop Pango” from your registered mobile phone to the same number from which you have received the activation confirmation text message.
When you pay through Pango, your license plate number is registered in our secure database as having paid for the appropriate amount of time in that zone number. When the parking enforcement official enters your license plate number, he or she receives a notification that you have paid.