Download & Use DoubleMap for Safe Rides
(App Download Links Below)
After 12 years of operating as an "on-demand" system, Safe Rides has transitioned to a set route system. We believe this will greatly improve the efficiency of the program, and get people around much quicker.
- The program will operate from 8pm to 2am each day when classes are in session.
- Vans will travel a set route, stopping at 12 locations around campus. These locations have been determined based on previous year's call volume.
- Vans will stop at each location every 15 to 25 minutes.
- Vans will continue to operate only on campus property.
- Vans will not stop anywhere but the designated stops.
- Calling Safe Rides or the Police Department will NOT expedite arrival time.
- Open Food and Drinks are not allowed in the Safe Rides vans.
After using the Safe Rides service please take our short survey ! Look for the signs at each stop location:
Download the DoubleMap app for the best Safe Rides experience!
- See where you are at, where vans are along the route, and where the nearest stop location is.
- Get wait times and estimated times of arrival, and any delays/changes.
- After installing on your device, select the SYSTEM from the menu, and choose "Central Michigan University."
- Select "all routes" from the app menu, in order to see both the forward (Maroon) and reverse (Gold) routes.
- Touch one of the stop locations to see your ETA. You can toggle between routes by touching the corresponding button (F=Forward and R=Reverse).
List of Stop Locations
- Music Building Bus Stops
- Lot 8, near Blue Light Phone
- Library and UC Crosswalk
- Robinson Hall Entrance
- Lot 1, near Bellows Street
- Anspach Hall Service Drive
- Towers Complex Entrance
- Celani Hall Entrance
- Thorpe Hall Entrance
- Baseball Stadium, near Blue Light Phone
- Football Stadium, near South Blue Light Phone
- Student Activity Center Entrance