Safe Rides is Operating on a Set Route !
After 12 years of operating as an "on-demand" system, Safe Rides has transitioned to a set route system. We believe this will greatly improve the efficiency of the program, and get people around much quicker.
- The program will operate from 8pm to 2am each day when classes are in session.
- Vans will travel a set route, stopping at 12 locations around campus. These locations have been determined based on previous year's call volume.
- Vans will stop at each location every 15 to 25 minutes.
- Vans will continue to operate only on campus property.
- Vans will not stop anywhere but the designated stops.
- Calling Safe Rides (774-HELP) or the Police Department will NOT expedite arrival time.
Look for the signs at each stop location:
DoubleMap App (Coming Mid-September, 2015)
Download the DoubleMap app for the best Safe Rides experience!
- See where you are at.
- See where rides are at along the route.
- Find the nearest stop location.
- Get wait times and estimated times of arrival.
- See any delays or changes to the program.
List of Stop Locations
- Music Building Bus Stops
- Lot 8, near Blue Light Phone
- Library and UC Crosswalk
- Robinson Hall Entrance
- Lot 1, near Bellows Street
- Anspach Hall Service Drive
- Towers Complex Entrance
- Celani Hall Entrance
- Thorpe Hall Entrance
- Baseball Stadium, near Blue Light Phone
- Football Stadium, near South Blue Light Phone
- Student Activity Center Entrance