Are you planning a special event on campus?
- Professional Conference?
- Student Dance?
- Sports Event?
- Product/Retail Exposition?
- Guest Speaker?
- Theatrical Performance?
If so, maybe we can help you. In the past we have experienced some difficulty with vehicle parking and crowd control at certain special events where prior notification was not made to our department.
Therefore, if you are planning a special event such as a conference, concert, dance or sporting event, please complete the Special Events Form as early as possible prior to the event. The Special Events Coordinator at the CMU Parking Services Office will reply with any questions or concerns regarding your event. This communication will help your visitors have a pleasant experience while on the Central Michigan University campus.
Parking arrangements for your event will be e-mailed back to you normally within one week. If you will require directions to campus or parking permits, this information will be faxed or mailed to you in a timely manner. Please help us make your visit to our campus as enjoyable as possible by providing the CMU Parking Services Office with the information requested on the Special Events Form. A little preplanning for your conference can help avoid the inconvenience and cost of receiving a parking ticket while visiting CMU.
Before you complete your Special Events Form, please read the below listed guidelines. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines or your request, please contact the CMU Parking Services Office at (989)774-3083.
- On Monday - Thursday while school is in session, events with less than 50 guests may be given parking in commuter Lots 8, 18, or 27. However, we can only accommodate one of these events per day.
- On Monday - Thursday while school is in session, events with 50 guests or more must park in Lot 62E (not a home football game day) or Lot #70 (not in baseball season) and either have the guests walk to the location of their meetings or the sponsor can hire ICTC (Isabella County Transportation Commission 774-9441) to transport their guests.
- On Friday when classes are in session we can normally accommodate larger groups parking in commuter Lots 8, 18, & 27. However, we will limit this option to groups up to 300 or so.
- During the week when classes are
NOT in session we can normally accommodate larger groups parking in commuter Lots 8, 18, & 27. However, we will also limit this option to groups up to 300.
- On the weekends parking is open everywhere on campus,
EXCEPT FOR LOT #41, HANDICAPPED, AND RESERVED SPACES, and we do not reserve parking spaces for any group.
- All groups should be told that money must be placed in meters Monday - Friday between 7:00 am and 4:00 pm except on university recognized holidays. FYI, there is no class on Martin Luther King Jr. day but it is not a university recognized holiday. Staff will still be working that day.
- Parking enforcement in Lot #41, handicapped spaces, and signed reserved parking spaces are in effect 24/7.
- Parking in a non-valid space is always a violation.
We do at times barricade a lot or cover a few meters with "Reserved" for special events. These options are limited and approval is required.Campus MapSpecial Event Request Form
- General Information and Assistance
- Money Escorts
- Dignitary Escorts
- Parking Regulations and Maps
- Parking Arrangements for Event Participants
- Officers for Security and/or Crowd Control
- Officers to Direct Traffic
- Crime Prevention and Safety Information