of Central Michigan University's Police Department are all certified police officers. They have full arrest and police powers as does any other police officer. The CMU Police Department not only provides police services to the campus community 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, but provides extended services to the members of the campus community which other police agencies may not. The Department provides the following services:
- Conducts conspicuous and preventive vehicular patrols.
- Conducts conspicuous and preventative mountain bike patrols.
- Conducts initial and follow-up investigations.
- Prepares investigative or incident reports, detailing criminal and non-criminal incidents.
- Provides campus vehicular traffic control and enforcement.
- Answers all calls for medical problems and responds with the proper medical assistance until EMS arrives.
- Provides educational information on crime prevention to campus groups.
- Assists motorists in retrieving their keys from inside their locked vehicle.
- Responds to all emergency calls.
The CMU Police Department exists to serve and protect the members of the campus community. If a desired service is not listed above, do not hesitate to contact the office at (989) 774-3081. The services we provide extend far beyond the limited list above. If the department personnel cannot provide assistance, a referral to the appropriate department or person will be made.