This vital knowledge can make or break your business venture.
There are two ways to do everything: the hard way and the smart way.
You can launch your new venture and discover you should have used equity to compensate your teams, a competitor stole your proprietary information, your financing violated securities laws, or you didn't take advantage of critical tax perks. Or you can master these entrepreneurial transactions and more as you formulate your business plans and hit the ground running.
What sort of transactions do you need to understand as an entrepreneur?
- Leveraging crowdfunding platforms, social media and other technology tools to support growth.
- Forming new business entities including corporations, LLCs and public benefit corporations.
- Using sweat equity to recruit, motivate and retain employees and advisors.
- Identifying and protecting intellectual property such as brand names, inventions and trade secrets.
- Raising seed capital from friends and family, accelerator programs and angel investors.
- Structuring and negotiating venture capital investments and strategic partnerships.
- Buying and selling businesses (exiting a venture or becoming an entrepreneur by acquisition).
Master of Entrepreneurial Transactions is a unique one-year program from Central Michigan University that teaches you the nuts and bolts of starting and building high-growth ventures. You learn what to do and how to do it, completing the program with the business, legal and tactical know-how you need to succeed in your specific venture.
Instructors are experts in the field. New York attorneys Robin Sosnow and Joe Green teach seed financing. Patent attorney Pad Alce and inventor and serial entrepreneur Louis Foreman show you how to identify and protect your intellectual property. Tech company founder Alan Fitzpatrick explains how to optimize technology for entrepreneurs. These and other well-known experts have added their talents to CMU's program after seeing the curriculum and echoing the same sentiment, "I wish I had known this when I started out."
Don't settle for trial and error.
Learn from the experts who have already done it with the career-focused
Master of Entrepreneurial Transactions taught completely online.
Get it right from the start.
Central Michigan University
877-268-4636, CMUglobal@cmich.edu or