Occasionally it is necessary for graduate students to complete course work at another university or institution. In this event pre-approval is required to ensure that the course work will transfer and count toward a CMU degree. Pre-approval transfer credit is available for students who have NOT yet completed course work at another institution.
The pre-approval transfer credit process has two steps: obtaining the pre-approval, and transferring the completed course work.
Obtain the pre-approval:
- Name of accredited university or institution
- Copies of course descriptions
- Copies of Course Syllabi or course outlines
- Complete the
Pre-Approval Transfer Credit Request Form
- Forward the above documents together via mail or fax to your graduate advisor for evaluation.
- Keep in mind that once this coursework is completed an official transcript must be sent to your advisor for the actual transfer of credit to take place.
Transfer the completed course work: