Skip navigation

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Frequently Asked Questions

‚ÄčIf you have a specific question regarding the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles tuition savings not addressed below or need assistance with the process, please utilize CMU's chat service or call 877-268-4636.

What is the FCA employee tuition savings?

All employees of FCA as well as their spouses and dependents younger than 24, will receive a tuition savings of 10 percent thanks to an agreement between FCA and CMU. The tuition savings applies to select programs and classes offered online and/or at CMU's satellite locations. It does not apply to classes taken at the Mount Pleasant campus or for main campus students taking online courses.

What academic programs are available with the FCA employee tuition savings?

More than 30 academic programs are available, including all CMU Global Campus certificates and most bachelor's and master's degrees.

The tuition savings does not apply to Mount Pleasant campus courses or doctoral programs and excludes the Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Information Systems, Master of Entrepreneurial Transactions, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Nursing.

How do I apply?

To complete the process, please follow these steps:

Step 1

Apply online at

Step 2

Scan and attach your most recent pay stub to establish that you are an FCA employee.

If the applicant is the spouse or dependent of an FCA employee, you also must include only page one from your most recent federal income tax return. This should also be scanned and uploaded as part of the application process.

If your pay stub or most recent federal income tax form are not available to upload at the time of application, the missing documentation can be emailed to or mailed to:

CMU Global Campus
Attn: Financial Services
802 Industrial Drive
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858

Please indicate your full name as it appears on your application to CMU and that this information is for the FCA employee tuition rate.

Employees will need to go through the verification process yearly to maintain the tuition rate. 

Step 3

Request official transcripts. This can be a lengthy process, so please be sure to have the registrar mail official transcript(s) directly to:

CMU Global Campus
Attn: Transcript Department
802 Industrial Drive
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858 

OR email the transcript(s) to

To process your application we must receive:

For Undergraduate Programs
  • Official transcripts from each of your previously attended regionally accredited colleges or universities. OR
  • Official high school or GED transcripts if you have not attended another regionally accredited two- or four-year college or university.
For Graduate Programs
  • Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
  • You must hold a baccalaureate or equivalent degree from a regionally accredited institution. GPA requirements vary by program, please check the website.
  • The program you are applying to may have additional requirements, please check the website.

Do I qualify for the FCA employee tuition savings?

All employees of FCA, as well as their spouses and dependents younger than 24, are eligible for the tuition savings. Dependents are identified as those that qualify under the existing IRS definition of a qualifying dependent.

I'm a current student who is working for FCA, do I still qualify?

Yes. If you're already enrolled and want to know more about applying the employee tuition savings, please contact Financial Services at 800-664-2681, option #1, or via email at

Can I apply for financial aid along with the FCA employee tuition savings?

Yes. You also may qualify for numerous merit-based scholarships available through CMU. To apply or qualify for scholarships or loans, you must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The FAFSA financial aid code for CMU is 002243. Please visit CMU's Financial Aid page for more information.

Does FCA pay for my tuition?

No. All payments are the student's responsibility. The tuition savings is just a discounted tuition rate that applies to FCA employees and their spouses and dependents. Please check with your Human Resources office for eligibility to receive any reimbursement. Tuition rates are subject to change at the sole discretion of CMU.

What if I am no longer employed by FCA?

Once your employment is verified, your discounted tuition rate is good for one year. You must resubmit verification every year to remain eligible for the tuition savings. If at any point you are no longer employed by FCA or are unable to provide verification of your employment, your tuition will be charged at the normal student rate.

Will my previous credits transfer to CMU?

CMU welcomes transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions. The maximum number of transfer credits that can be applied toward your degree program depends on where the credits are transferring from and what degree you pursue. Please visit CMU's Transfer Students page for more information.

What credits will transfer?

You can apply relevant transfer credit from other regionally accredited universities to your CMU degree. The grade for acceptable transfer credit is C- or better. For the competency courses (i.e., ENG 101, 201, MATH, etc.), the grade for acceptable transfer credit is C or better. Up to 64 credits can be transferred into the program from a regionally accredited two-year institution and up to 94 credits can be transferred into the program from a regionally accredited four-year institution. Students must complete 30 credit hours with Central Michigan University to receive a degree from our institution. Learn more about specific transfer equivalencies and credits here.

Can I earn credits for my previous work experience?

CMU recognizes the value of your learning through professional and life experiences with Prior Learning Credit. A maximum of 60 undergraduate credits and 10 graduate credits may be applied toward your degree from Prior Learning. Please visit CMU's Prior Learning Credit page for more information.

What are CMU's general education requirements?

General education for undergraduate programs at CMU consists of two areas of liberal study and achievement, University Program, and Competency Requirements, which are required of all students. For more information, refer to the Online Bulletin.