All employees of Oakland County, as well as their spouses and dependents younger than 24, will receive a tuition savings of 15 percent thanks to an agreement between Oakland County and CMU.
This tuition savings is applicable to most bachelor's and master's degrees and certificate programs taken online or at Central Michigan University's satellite locations.*
Gain the skills and knowledge you want and the credentials you need to achieve your career goals through programs customized to fit the needs of working students. CMU offers:
- Condensed eight-week courses.
- More than 30 academic programs online.
- Face-to-face and hybrid formats also available.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees.
- Certificate programs.
- Credit for prior education and experience.
Founded 125 years ago, CMU has been offering support and success since the beginning. With flexible online courses and several satellite centers across the country, we're with you every step of the way.
Take Your First Step
If you have questions, our staff is happy to answer them all at your convenience. You can call 877-268-4636,
chat with a representative or visit our
Frequently Asked Questions.
Pick Your Future
More than 30 academic programs are available online with a variety of concentrations and minors to customize your education to your career goals.
- Bachelor's degrees
- Master's degrees
- Undergraduate certificates
- Graduate certificates
Not sure what degree best serves your needs? Try our
Career Solutions Portal.
CMU's Prior Learning Credit program, you can gain credits toward your degree for previous education and work experience.
CMU Near You
Central has several satellite centers across the state and around the country, so you're never far from friendly, dedicated support staff.
Locations in Michigan:
accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. All academic programs, regardless of format, meet the same rigorous standards, and your diploma will read Central Michigan University.
* The tuition savings does not apply to Mount Pleasant campus courses or doctoral programs and excludes the Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Information Systems, Master of Entrepreneurial Transactions, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Nursing.