The maximum number of credits students can apply to an undergraduate degree is 60.
The maximum number for graduate students is 10 (but by California state law, only 6 credits may be earned for graduate students living in California).
The number of credits actually awarded depends on a number of factors:
- the length and duration of the experiences submitted for consideration
- the quality of the student’s self-assessment of learning
- whether the learning is college-level (undergraduate or graduate)
- whether sufficient and appropriate documentation has been provided in support of the student’s claims
- whether the portfolio includes all the required components in the correct order and meets all other requirements
Return to Prior Learning Home