Great rewards for excellent students – an opportunity to have 12 credits of your Bachelor of Science degree with an option in Community Development program count toward your Master of Science in Administration degree!
Working on your bachelor’s degree?
An added advantage of the Bachelor of Science degree with an option in Community Development is getting a head start on your master’s degree. Many businesses, both public and non-profit, look for a master’s degree in their management team.
Already a BS/Community Development student with a 3.0 GPA?
This accelerated program is the perfect segue into the Master of Science in Administration degree, a solid management program that can lead to upper-level management positions.
Are you a military student?
The BS/Community Development can move right into the MSA degree. Over 140 flag officers have earned their MSA through CMU; shouldn’t you?
To apply for the accelerated program you must:
- Be admitted to the Bachelor of Science degree with an option in Community Development through CMU Online
- Have finished all your General Education requirements
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Have completed 86 credit hours of your Bachelor of Science degree with no less than 18 credit hours remaining to complete your undergraduate degree
Please contact your advisor after completing 80 credit hours of your BS/Community Development program to see if you qualify to apply to this accelerated program. Your advisor will help you with the required forms and applications.
The Accelerated Program
- 12 hours of MSA courses (MSA 600, 601, 603, and 604) will be taken during your bachelor’s degree program. These courses will count toward both your BS/Community Development and your MSA degree if you earn a 3.0 or higher in each MSA course.
- These courses are part of the core courses of the MSA program. You may choose any of the MSA concentrations available through CMU Global Campus. Not all concentrations are available online.
- You will not have to pay the application fee for your MSA degree.
- You must earn a 3.0 or higher in all four of the MSA courses for them to apply to your MSA degree. If you do not earn a 3.0 or higher in each course that is intended to be applied to the MSA degree, you will be dematriculated from the accelerated program and the MSA courses taken in the accelerated MSA program can only be used on your undergraduate program. You may apply for regular admission to the MSA program and will need to retake or replace the previous credits.
Find out more about the
Master of Science in Administration degree.