After you have selected your courses, there are three easy ways to register:
- Register online using CMU's Course Search & Registration application.
- If you are unable to register online contact your local CMU program administrator (mail, phone or walk-in).
Note: You must
apply for admission
to CMU before you can register for courses. CMU campus students do not need to reapply to attend Global Campus courses.
Hours of registration through the Course Search & Registration are:
- 12:01 a.m. EST on the first day of registration (Priority Registration rules apply)
- Midnight on the final day of registration
Registration operators are available to assist during registration periods:
Further details on registering for CMU classes are below:
Register for a complete semester!
There are three semesters a year: Fall, Spring, and Summer. Admitted students may register for all the classes they wish to take during any term of a single semester, providing the classes have not yet started. For example during the first registration period of Spring Semester, you may register for your Spring I, Spring II, and, if available in your area, Spring III Term classes all at the same time.
Registering for all the classes you wish to take during a semester, whether Fall, Spring, or Summer, can help with packaging your financial aid and increase your chances of getting the classes you want.
Important note: Students will be billed during the next billing cycle and tuition will be due for all classes for which you have registered. For example: If you register during one registration period for a 3 credit class in Fall I and a 3 credit class in Fall II, you will be billed for 6 credit hours.
If you have a hold on your account, please call and speak to an operator. Operators are available at (989)-774-3618, Mondays 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, Tuesday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m EST. If you have difficulty getting registered, please contact your program administrator.
Registration Order of Priority
Undergraduate and graduate students must use the CMU Portal to register for classes according to the following schedule:
2020-2021 Registration Dates
Spring I, II & III, 2020 - Registration for all terms: October 28, 2019 (for more details, please visit the Priority Registration Schedule)
Summer 2020 - Registration for all terms: March 30, 2020 (for more details, please visit the Priority Registration Schedule)
Fall I, II & III, 2020 - Registration for all terms: March 30, 2020 (for more details, please visit the Priority Registration Schedule)
Spring I, II & III, 2021 - Registration for all terms: March 30, 2020 (for more details, please visit the Priority Registration Schedule)
- Students are allowed to register themselves for center based and online courses, with availability, up until 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the start of the course.
- Students must use
Course Search & Registration according to the Registration Order of Priority (see above).
- You must be admitted to CMU. If you have not been officially admitted, contact your center for admission information.
- Students are responsible for meeting course prerequisites and other requirements of the course as outlined in the course bulletin and this schedule.
- CMU reserves the right to cancel courses or make schedule adjustments at any time during registration, and is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail.
- If you experience difficulty with registration, call your center for assistance.
- If the course you are trying to register for is full, put your name on the wait list and then continue to attempt to register each day. Students who drop the class may create openings. Should a seat become available when registration ends, we will contact those on the wait list.
- Have the following information ready when you register:
- Global ID and Password.
- EPN numbers for classes
Follow these steps after you have registered for your courses:
- Verify your registration.
CentralLink and view your class schedule under "My Account"
- CMU does not mail out printed registration confirmation slips.
- Retrieve your syllabus online prior to the course start date.
- Go to the
course search page, locate your class and click the "Syllabus" link.
- Order your textbooks from MBS (Missouri Bookstore).
- Call 800-325-3252 and tell the representative the location and EPN of your course.
- Go to https://bncvirtual.com/cmu and select the location and EPN of your course.