Writing feedback as close as your computer!
The CMU Writing Center offers a special online service to students taking courses and working towards a degree through CMU’s Global Campus.
Why use the Writing Center’s services?
As you probably know, effective writing is essential for success in today’s world, and we know that sessions with the CMU Writing Center improve writing. We want to support your success and invite you to submit your papers to the Writing Center, where a consultant will work with you at any stage of the writing process:
- Pre-writing and brainstorming
- First drafts or revised papers
- Organization and outlines
- Clarity and citations
- Development, details, and examples
- Bibliographies and reference pages
- Grammar and polishing of nearly finished documents
Writing Center consultants will leave a variety of kinds of feedback, including:
- general reactions from the reader’s perspective
- identifying elements of the paper that may be confusing
- elements of the paper that are working well
- resources for understanding grammar, style, and formatting
- questions to prompt further development and organization
As a whole, our comments are meant to engage with the writer in collaboration. This means that our comments may be framed as questions or suggestions in order to provide the writer with multiple options in which his or her paper may progress.
Overall, our comments are meant to be accessible to all kinds of students across the campus, from ENG 101 composition papers to theses. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the feedback you have received, never hesitate to email us at
The process is simple:
- Send your writing for review via a web form.
- A Writing Center consultant responds with comments, questions, and suggestions.
- Revise your paper and submit as many times as you choose.
Submit your writing for review