Park Library Guest Information
Visitors and community members 18 years and older are eligible to receive a guest borrower card; persons under the age of 18 will need a parents signature in addition to a photo I.D.
All applicants must provide photo identification before a guest card will be issued. Guest cards are available at the Checkout Desk located on the 2nd floor. The cards expire after one year but may be renewed.
Guest Borrowers Receive the Following Privileges
- 28 day loan period on the following materials:
- - Circulating Material
- - Browsing
- - Government Documents
- - Children’s Collection
- 14 day loan period on the following collection:
- MRC (Music Resource Center) located in the music building
- 7 day loan period on the following collections:
- - Multicultural video collection
- - KIMC (Kromer Instructional Materials Center) located in the Education Building
Access to electronic resources and databases in the library.
Guest Borrowers Are Restricted From:
- Accessing our electronic resources and databases from home or off campus
- Use of the group study rooms
- Use of the event rooms
- Use of Documents on Demand
- Use of MeLCat
- Access to the Extended Hours Study room
Material may be renewed up to five times unless requested by someone else.
- Under "Quick Links" click on "Renew Library Materials".
- Login under "Guest Login" with your credentials, follow the prompts to renew items.
By telephone: (989) 774-3114
- Barcode number of the material will be required.
- Bring the material you want to renew and your library card (both are required) to the Checkout Desk located on the 2nd floor of Park Library.
If an item is requested by someone else, the due date may be shortened and renewal will not be permitted. Borrowing privileges will be suspended and overdue penalties accessed if material is not returned by the new due date.
- There is a charge of $5.00 for each overdue item.
Fines are non-refundable.
Material is considered lost at 21 days overdue. The following is applied per item.
- $5.00 Overdue fine.
- $15.00 Processing fee.
- Purchase price of material; if the price cannot be determined a $60.00 replacement cost will be assessed.
If an item which was assumed lost is returned within one year, the replacement cost, but not the other fees, will be credited to the borrowers account. All material must be returned, or paid for to reactivate the account. Proof of payment must be verified at the Checkout Desk. This process may take several days.
Visitors coming to campus must obtain a Guest Parking Permit to park in the parking lots. Parking permits are available 24/7 at the CMU Police Department; there is no cost for a Guest Parking Permit. The Parking Services Office is located with the CMU Police Department, 106 Combined Services Building, off of East Campus Drive, behind the Power House. Metered parking is also available.
Guests can print and make copies in the library by using a USB & cash/coin. Black-and-white prints cost 10¢ per page; color prints cost 30¢ per page. Free scanning is available. For assistance ask a staff member or go to any desk.
If you have concerns, please contact:
Jane Morey, Service Desk Operations Supervisor, (989) 774-1164
Randy Claypool, Evening Fall/Spring Semester Service Desk Operations Supervisor, (989) 774-1307
Laurie Bellinger, Service Desk Operations Supervisor, (989) 774-3828