Digital Copies of Bird's-Eye Views
Copies of high resolution scans of the bird's-eye views (300 dpi or higher resolution) can be purchased in digital form. The charge for each digital image ordered is $11.00. We will post the image(s) to a temporary website and provide you with a link to download it(them). If you prefer to receive the image(s) burned to a disk, we charge $1.00 per disk and $1.00 for shipping.
To order a digital file please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org (please put "bird's-eye view request" in the subject line of your e-mail) or telephone the library at (989) 774-3352. Please specify the view desired, format in which you which the view provided, your telephone number, and USPS mailing address. The Clarke Historical Library does not accept credit card payments.
Exceptions to Reproduction Policy
Some of the bird's-eye views available on this website were supplied by partnering institutions rather than the Clarke Historical Library. Some of those institutions have asked that requests for copies be directly sent to them, rather than being handled by the Clarke. These bird's-eye views include:
- Dowagiac (1890)
- Contact the Southwestern Michigan College Museum to obtain a copy:
email@example.com or (269) 782-1374.
- University of Michigan (1908), Crystal Lake (Frankfurt) (1890), Big Rapids (1880), University of Michigan (1874), Ann Arbor (1886)
- Contact the
Bentley Historical Library of the University of Michigan to obtain a copy:
Bentley.firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 764-3482
- Houghton (1881), Saline (1872), Jonesville (1872), Montague (1880), Whitehall (1880)
- Instructions for the State Archives of Michigan is still pending.
- Traverse City (1879)
- Contact the Traverse City History Center: email@example.com or (231) 995-0313 ext. 104