Copies of high resolution scans (usually at 300 dpi or higher resolution) can be purchased in digital form. The charge for the first digital image ordered, including shipping and handling, is $6.00. Additional scans can be added to the same order for $3.00 per scan. A surcharge of $1.00 per additional cd or dvd will be added to orders where more than one cd or dvd is required to copy the images. Images can be forwarded electronically, however the size of the scans frequently exceed the space allocated to individual email users. The charge for images successfully forwarded electronically is the same as that for those shipped via cd or dvd.
The Clarke Library has a limited capacity to create paper copies of the birdseye views. The library can print scans on paper that measures either 11x17 inches or 18x24 inches in size. Birdseye views that were originally printed in a size equal to or smaller than 18x24 will be printed at their original size. Paper will not be trimmed should the original size of the view be smaller than the size of the paper. Birdseye views that were originally printed in a larger format than 18x24 will be proportionally reduced to fit onto this size paper. Paper copies will be mailed rolled in a mailing tube via USPS. The charge for each view printed on paper, including shipping and handling, is:
18x24 (semiglossy paper) $13
18x24 (glossy photo paper) $14.50
Please note that regardless of the size of an original image, if an individual elects to have the image printed on either photo paper or glossy photo paper, the fee will be that requested for an 18x24 inch image using the requested paper.
Copying in any format will typically take seven business days from the placing of the order until the order is mailed from the Clarke Library.
To arrange for a copy to be made please contact us at email@example.com (please put "reference request" in the subject line of your e-mail) or telephone the library at (989) 774-3352. Please specify the view desired, format in which you which the view provided, your telephone number, and USPS mailing address. The Clarke Library does not accept credit card payments.
Exceptions to Reproduction Policy
Some of the Views available on this website were supplied by partnering institutions rather than the Clarke Library. Some of those institutions have asked that requests for copies be directly sent to them, rather than being handled by the Clarke. The Views effected include:
- Dowagiac, 1890
- Contact the Southwestern Michigan College Museum to obtain a copy. firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (269) 782-1374.
- University of Michigan, 1908 - Crystal Lake, (Frankfurt) 1890 - Big Rapids, Michigan, 1880 - University of Michigan, 1874 - Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1866
- Contact the Bently Historical Library of the University of Michigan to obtain a copy. Http://Bentley.umich.edu or e-mail Bentley.email@example.com or telephone (734) 764-3482
- Houghton, Michigan, 1881 - Saline, Michigan, 1872 - Jonesville, Michigan, 1872 - Montague, Michigan, 1880 - Whitehall, Michigan, 1880
- Instructions for the State Archives of Michigan is still pending.