Your Documents on Demand ILLiad Request Account is your one stop location for requesting items not found in the CMU collections and for Scans on Demand requests.
To Get an Article:
- Check Smart Search.
- If full text is not found electronically, request the article with your ILLiad Request Account.
Books, Music CDs, Movies and Other Media:
- Check the CMU Libraries catalog, CENTRA.
- Try MeLCat – Search MeLCat OR Log in to your ILLiad Request Account
- If not found in MeLCat, Log in to your ILLiad Request Account, and under Book Request choose “Click to Continue with ILLiad Book Request.”
1. Use Smart Search or other resources to find the title of the book chapter that you would like scanned for you.
2. Request a scan in your ILLiad Request Account.
- Check Proquest Dissertations and Theses.
- If not found, request the item in your ILLiad Request Account.
All CMU affiliated faculty, students and staff library patrons are currently eligible for our Scans on Demand Service. This means that you can request articles or book chapters that are in the CMU Libraries print collection. We will scan those print items for you, and send them to you as a pdf. Make these requests through your ILLiad Request Account.
The Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the Law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproductions. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of that order would involve violation of the law.